Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Its been exactly a year since I've been working for Bigfish. There has been numerous times during the year when it felt so long and for some reason felt like the time was moving particularly slow. But looking back, time couldn't have gone so fast. I'm thankful for so many things.
I recall just a year ago, I was one anxious graduate who was so eager to move out of Tucson and find a job. I was impatient at the time with dealing after sending in resumes and waiting to hear back from people. I was worried and traumatized by the thoughts that no one wanted to hire me and the thought that I'd do nothing and be a stay-home unemployed graduate. But regardless of what worries I had, God made sure I found a job, and the job I enjoy, and the job that needed me, I'm a designer at an agency here in the heart of Arizona, Old town scottsdale. I work with genuinely hard working, awesome, kind and creative people. not to mention the space I work in, the new office thats unique on its own architectural way and wide opened space with touches of Bigfish character here and there throughout the office. of course its been a hella experience working at an agency and just the fact that this is my very first job out of college, I've learned so much and experienced the unexpected and just grew as a person each and every step. But most of all, it always surprises me how I've actually managed to work at a place where I don't speak a single Korean word and spend all day with people who aren't Koreans. Especially, since I've moved out of Tucson and settled here in Phoenix, where everything was new and didn't have any friends. I was definitely out of my comfort zone and faced with all the new and discomforting truth. Back in Tucson and back when I was still in school, I was surrounded by friends and family, whom I knew for many years and people who I spoke in Korean. Its interesting how sometime my dad calls me and jokes about how, now that you moved to Phoenix and started a job you probably only speak Korean when you're talking to me on the phone. which is sadly the truth. But you know what, I am still thankful for all of this. I'm actually glad that I'm living in the environment where I'm always challenged. that I'm not settled in my comfort bubble. I face with language barrier even more lately but I can see myself improving and growing. I still have so much work to do and so much more room to grow. and definitely the time right now is my growing stage. and because its hard and difficult, I become even more thankful.

It feels good to find this blog after a long time of absence, this time it was almost three years of gap. Honestly, I had forgotten I had this blog. I don's know if my life is filled with exciting events and stories to share on this blog but I hope to dedicate more of my time to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment